Tuesday, September 19, 2006

sick list

I called in sick for my flight. I had contemplated that I may need to, considering my roomies and I were hosting a boozy brunch sunday morning, and I had a check in Sunday evening. Wouldn't you know it... It's like the universe heard my thoughts, and collaberated by making me sick.

So I attended brunch, and tried to be a sport, as we had 25 or so guests. I had a vodka and orange juice, which I added water and emergen-c to... (This is how I justify things)... This seemed to have a compound effect with the nyquil that was still floating in my system. So I was a drunk, sickly host. Anyway, brunch was good. It quickly got rowdy. I took my feverish, buzzed self away from the party around 3, called in sick to crew schedulers, and went to bed for the day. My roomies came home from the bars in a state only produced by all day drinking. One denied brunch was over, and was opening bottles for herself at 10pm, the other was covered in tears and donut frosting.. (don't ask)...

Anyway, yesterday I cleaned up... today I did nothing... It is cold and dreary. I am feeling a bit better, but I am suffering cabin fever...

All I do at work is obsess over my bed, and think how I would sell my soul for it... so today, a sick day, I can't just tuck in and enjoy... I bounce around starting and abandoning projects, surfing the net for ridiculous things, etc. I think I just need someone to tuck in with me! (another story)...

Anyway, fall is definitley here! I have family coming in on Thursday, so have one more day of lounging. Next week begins a stretch of solid flying :(