Friday, August 25, 2006

I am really excited to be here

I was at Ohare the other day, and it was a total zoo, with the combination of the liquid and toothpaste confinscations at security, and the weather delays. I saw this middle aged guy walk by with a shirt on that said "I am really excited to be here" and I almost died laughing. What a perfect shirt to wear to the airport nowadays. I wanted to go hug him. I wanted to wear one on top of my uniform... or at least get a pin that said that....

Flying has been ok lately, but my heart is not in it right now... it goes through stages I guess. I have a nice Shanghai coming up in September, and I am bringing a friend along with me, so am looking forward to the shopping, spa treatments and sight seeing with her. She is great fun, so I won't have to rely on the senior mamas to take me out to the pearl market. We will order massages and Tsing Tao to our room, every 3 hours!

Other than that, just enjoying the end of summer.... Will have a few visitors coming to town Sept and Oct, which will be nice... It seems that is the only time that I do the touristy things here..

I am on call tomorrow, and will get flown for sure... hopefully somewhere good. Overseas... just want to get my hours done with for the month...