Monday, May 22, 2006

Hen night in NYC



This past weekend I flew to New York for my friend Sally's hen night.... We all had a great time, and I now have the complication of wanting to move to New York. Being there makes it seem like your life is just passing you by if you are anywhere else. I will try to remind myself that I could not even afford to live in a shoe box there on a flight attendant's salary, and it would be a better idea to just visit often, as I have friends there....

One of my friends who I met in stew school lives in the upper west side with her boyfriend, so I stayed with her. We had a nice boozy brunch on Saturday, and then went to the park with some wine and cheese and crackers, building a bit of a buzz for when the limo arrived.

Sally had flown in from Vancouver along with another one of the girls, and the rest lived in New York, but were all Aussies. We were chaperoned by Sally's "Bridesmale" Dermot, who seemed to love the gender ratio of the group.

I have a pretty good recollection of the first bit of the night, but as the timeline progresses, it gets pretty fuzzy.... Champagne in the limo for a couple of hours, and then dinner and drinks, and then Karaoke. The last little scraps of memory involve lemon drops, dizziness, and being kicked out of the bar....

Because a chocolate mint melted all over my handbag, it was a bit more difficult than usual to use the evidence (taxi receipts, matchbooks, phone numbers) to put the pieces together, as it was all chocolate covered. Just as well really...

Sunday was spent in a hungover daze drinking bloody marys, at the movies, and almost being run over by cars on about 18 different occasions due to inability to move or think fast. I stayed an extra night due to my being unwell. Anyway, all in all a great night and weekend.

A few more days of recovery before I have to do anything now...