Monday, September 25, 2006

Shhhhhh (hiding)

I am tip toeing around my neighborhood, and trying to be low key, as if that will help increase my chances that the crew desk will forget to call me. My 3 day trip, fell apart, and turned into a one day trip. Although I had a breakfast date in San Fransisco that I missed, it was nice to deadhead home last night, glass of wine in hand...

Because I am being pay protected for the 3 day, the crew desk has the right to reassign me to something to make up the hours... but it seems with the blue sky and perfect weather for flight ops and crewing, they have forgotten about me! So today I love my job and get paid to sit outside and drink coffees and watch daytime tv. I may even go shopping for some fall clothes later today....

Although If I shop I will have to charge everything, as my bank account is almost nil... Thank God I get paid before my Shanghai trip.. but to further complicate matters, I have forgotten my ATM pin... An ATM in Frankfurt ate my card for no apparent reason than just to be mean, so they sent me a new pin, which I have forgotten. (Blame on Hypoxia). So, I have been cashless, living on a coinstar deposit, and the odd tip money that I still get from passengers... HMMMM... I think as a group we should start soliciting tips from passengers more... I will elaberate in my next entry...